
From downsizing our supersized appetites for "stuff" to rethinking the many choices that tend to drain our wallets, 2009 has been the Year of Doing More With Less---less money, less time, less fanfare, etc.
But if anything, we've learned that scaling back the way we spend time and money hasn't been that bad afterall. For years I've owned a copy of Dining on a Dime, the how-to recipe treasure by frugalista Tawra Kellam, but only in the last 12 months has it been in such heavy rotation that I actually had to hound a friend to return it to me after I loaned it out.
Anyone looking to offer a meaningful gift while sticking to a tight budget will appreciate Tawra's book which is jam-packed with tips, techniques and innovative ideas on everything from creating homemade (classy, too) gifts for the teacher to how to stretch leftovers in new ways. Check out the book, which goes on sale ocassionally. The Dining on a Dime series is easily one of the best buys you'll ever make.

But if anything, we've learned that scaling back the way we spend time and money hasn't been that bad afterall. For years I've owned a copy of Dining on a Dime, the how-to recipe treasure by frugalista Tawra Kellam, but only in the last 12 months has it been in such heavy rotation that I actually had to hound a friend to return it to me after I loaned it out.
Anyone looking to offer a meaningful gift while sticking to a tight budget will appreciate Tawra's book which is jam-packed with tips, techniques and innovative ideas on everything from creating homemade (classy, too) gifts for the teacher to how to stretch leftovers in new ways. Check out the book, which goes on sale ocassionally. The Dining on a Dime series is easily one of the best buys you'll ever make.

No comments:
Post a Comment